Working With A Chiropractor After Suffering From A Car Accident Injury
The sudden jolts and impact that occur during an automobile crash result in bodily harm. A car accident injury such as whiplash causes victims to suffer neck and lower back pain. Although some people try to shrug off what seems like a passing strain, having an experienced chiropractor examine you promptly after a collision helps start the healing process. At Universal Treatment and Recovery Center in Elyria, OH, we work with everyday people who sustain car accident injuries.
How Can A Chiropractor Help With A Car Accident Injury?
It is not uncommon for adrenal to initially mask the pain of a car accident injury. In fact, neck pain associated with whiplash can take days, even weeks to manifest. The same holds true of lower back pain caused by the hard impact and the body twisting.
One of the key reasons for seeing a chiropractor is crucial is the non-invasive way injuries are evaluated and diagnosed. As an experienced chiropractic practice, we look beyond obvious bruising and consider how deep tissue may have been affected. Things such as stiffness diminished range of motion, and other indicators often point to conditions that the average victim might not fully appreciate. These are ways a chiropractor can help you make a speedy recovery.
- Treat Unseen Injuries: While a broken bone will show up on a standard x-ray, whiplash can be elusive. Many times, people attribute neck stiffness, headaches, nausea, and dizziness to other things. That’s why it’s important to get evaluated if seemingly minor symptoms surface.
- Minimize Inflammation: Micro-tears to muscles and ligaments do not always show up on x-rays. A car accident injury typically creates stiffness, swelling, and will knock your musculoskeletal out of alignment. A chiropractor can make decisive adjustments to the spine that reduce inflammation and improve mobility.
- Improve Range of Motion: Normal flexibility is usually taken for granted until issues such as lower back pain impede our mobility. At its core, chiropractic treatment focuses on quality of life care. Spinal adjustments, posture education, stretching regimens, and other aspects of an individualized wellness program are designed to maximize your daily enjoyment.
- Non-Invasive Treatments: A vast number of car accident injury victims do not require surgery. Cutting someone open should always be considered a last resort. When you are under the care of a chiropractor, the long-term goal is healing naturally.
- Treat The Entire Body: When a car accident injury sufferer works with a surgeon, the path is typically to open you up and “fix” the problem. But these injuries do not happen in a vacuum. The entire body may be jolted forward and back in a whiplash motion. An experienced chiropractor recognizes the entire body may have been compromised. Taking a holistic approach delivers sustainable results.
Call Universal Treatment and Recovery Center Today!
It is essential to have a thorough examination performed following an automobile collision. The damage done to muscles, ligaments, and other soft tissues, requires immediate treatment if you are to make a full recovery. At Universal Treatment and Recovery Center, we provide individualized treatment and care so your whole body can get well. Contact our Elyria office today.